Encryption Protocols Engaged
Origin ID: Saelan Corl
Protocol Saelan-5, imminent combat against superior force, automated report summary
- Kept waiting on Migrant Fleet for politics to resolve themselves. Bored. Investigated on own initiative.
- Hacked Migrant Fleet social media systems, sent ship’s Engineer Shala’Shar vas Usela to gather “word on street.”
- Found social trends over past 8-10 months toward war of conquest with the Geth, retake Rannoch.
- Treason trial of Tali’Zorah vas Normandy 8 months ago was political show trial intended to gauge public reaction to potential war effort, general sentiment toward war rising ever since.
- Pressure toward war: Geth “star envelope”, also called Dyson Bubble, or Dyson Sphere. Geth construction over last 241 years, intended to be single repository of all Geth programs, boosting Geth processing power and intelligence to the point where Quarian technology could not compete. Essentially, deadline beyond which retaking Rannoch would never be possible, death of all Quarian pseudo-religious hopes and dreams.
- Reason for hope: New weapon developed by Admiral Daro’Xen based on research done by Admiral Rael’Zorah, Tali’s father. Details of weapon not shared with Quarian populace, but existence widely known, resulting in post-mortem heroic narrative for Admiral Rael’Zorah, thus political and social pressure behind Cerberus blackmail.
- Nature of Weapon: Tali’Zorah gave general outline of nature of weapon on promise that we, and the Broker’s network, would not let this information reach the Geth, feared extinction of her entire people. Will append file. General tactic based on massed surprise attack, destroy star envelope and store Geth programs before Geth can develop a countermeasure, reduce Geth intelligence for subsequent war of fleets.
- Arranged deal with Admiral Shala’Raan vas Tonbey, sold Broker’s accumulated intel on Geth LADAR sensor frequencies, FTL communications, encryption algorithms, etc. accumulated over the last five years for 5 billion credits, and data on the Geth star envelope.
- Attended hearing where evidence presented exonerating Rael’Zorah and exposing those Quarians blackmailed by Cerberus
- Tali’Zorah being floated to take her father’s seat on the Admiralty Board
- Tali’Zorah asked us, as a favor, to enter the Dholen system, which is the Relay-gate to the Perseus Veil cluster, and washed in strong electromagnetic interference from the system’s sun.
- Dholan system full of Geth, mining resources and fuel, seemingly capable of operating despite the sun’s interference.
- Tali’Zorah’s concern is that unknown Geth technology that permits navigation in the Dholen system might represent unexpected resistance to Quarian secret weapon. Wishes us to capture Geth navigation and sensor systems for return to Migrant Fleet and analysis.
- Stealth-capabilities of the Orpheus useful in avoiding Geth attention, presence of dedicated AI makes navigation possible but not easy.
- Have been scouting Dholen, have found suitable ship for ambush. Preparing ambush