Mass Effect - Apocalypse
Asari are paragons of elegance, grace, and diplomacy. Take + 1 whenever you Seduce or Manipulate.
Species Move – Embrace Eternity: When an Asari has time and physical intimacy with someone, roll +Hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. While you’re psychically melded, spend your hold to ask their player (or the GM if an NPC) questions, 1 for 1:
- What was your character’s lowest or highest moment?
- For what does your character crave forgiveness, and of whom?
- What are your character’s secret pains or joys?
- What does your character hold closest to his heart?
The Asari may also spend hold to give the other party the same information. If the intimacy was mutual, both parties gain +1Hx with the other (if PCs). If the Asari inflicted unwilling intimacy, the other party takes 1-harm (ap, ignores shields/barriers)
Class Move – Biotic Charge: When you use Biotic Charge in battle, roll +Cool. On a hit, name a character on the scene, but outside your reach. You cross the distance between you before they have time to adjust or react. You create an opportunity that you may immediately follow up on. On a 10+, inflict s+2-harm. On a 7-9, inflict s-harm. On a miss, you still cross the distance but you do not create an opportunity and you suffer concentrated fire now. (If it’s before 9:00, now it’s 9:00)
Class Move – Barrier: When you go into battle, you strengthen your biotic barrier. Roll +Cool. On a 10+, gain +2 barrier, on a 7-9, +1 barrier. This bonus lasts the entire battle, and refreshing your barrier will include the bonus. At any time during the battle you may purge the excess biotic energy. When you do so, select one character within close range per level of bonus barrier and inflict s-harm to them. This ends the move for the rest of the battle. Not compatible with Fortification or Tech Armor.
Class Move – Nova: When you purge your barrier using Nova, roll +Cool. On a hit, you inflict s-harm
+1harm per unharmed barrier segment to every character within close range. On a 10+, your position is secure for the moment. On a 7-9, your position is untenable. If used while Barrier is active, Nova counts as purging your bonus Barrier to no additional effect (aside from the extra damage for having more unharmed barrier wedges). No matter what, hit or miss, your biotic barrier is down.
Class Move – Throw: When you seize by force in battle, add the following options to that move’s list:
- You dominate their position
- You make your position tenable or your course secure
Class Move – Warp Ammo: When you charge a weapon’s ammo with biotic energy, harm from the weapon permanently destroys 2-barrier on the target. You can only have one Ammo move attached to a weapon at a time. Changing Ammo moves in mid-battle counts as acting under fire.
Personal Move – A No Shit Pilot: When operating a vehicle…
- If you do something under fire, add the vehicle’s power to your roll
- If you try to seize something by force, add your vehicle’s power to your roll
- If you go aggro, add your vehicle’s power to your roll
- If you try to seduce or manipulate someone, add your vehicle’s looks to your roll
- If you help or interfere with someone, add your vehicle’s power to your roll
- If someone interferes with you, add your vehicle’s weakness to their roll
- If you fail your move, take a penalty forward equal to your vehicle’s weakness
Personal Move – Dangerous and Sexy: When you enter into a charged situation, roll +Hot. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make eye contact with an NPC present, who freezes or flinches and can’t take action until you break it off. On a miss, your enemies identify you immediately as their foremost threat.
Personal Move – Renegade: You are a ruthless badass who will do whatever it takes. When you give someone an order or a warning, roll +Hard. On a hit, they choose:
- They do it, following your order or heeding your warning.
- They freeze.
- They back away, hands where you can see them
- They attack you.
On a 10+, take +1forward against them as well. On a miss, they do what they like and you take
-1forward against them.
Special Move – Impulsive: When you act on impulse without taking the time to think things through take +1ongoing.
Special Move – Unstable: When you are unstable and you follow the voices and visions in your head to the detriment of yourself or your fellow player characters, mark XP.
- Geth Plasma Shotgun (4-harm close reload messy, hi-tech)
- M-358 Talon heavy pistol (3-harm close loud hi-tech)
- Lift Grenades – These specialized, high-tech grenades can only be used by a biotic. Use of lift grenades acts as a one-use manifestations of the Pull Biotic Move with the +area tag. +hi-tech.
- Medium combat armor (2-armor)
- L5n Implants (2-barrier)
- Bluewire Omni-tool
- Braga – Hx 2
- I think is the prettiest
- I’ve been watching carefully for some time, in secret
- Saelan – Hx 2
- I think is the smartest
- Prasi – Hx 1
- Got me out of some serious shit
- Fortuna – Hx 2
- I figure is doomed to self-destruction
- Personal Move: Renegade
- Class Move: Barrier
- Class Move: Nova
- Personal Move: A No Shit Pilot
- Class Move: Throw
- Created Aldous Tyd
- Advanced Stat: Hot
- Advanced 2 Moves: Seize by Force & Seduce or Manipulate
When she was younger, Tessara would look up into the night sky and wonder what was out there, among the stars. Sadly, one night she found out when Batarian raiders ships came down and landed near the colony her family lived in, on the planet Asteria. Before dawn had a chance to crest over the horizon, those who weren’t killed in the raid, where put onto the ships and made slaves. Tessara was the only one in her family that made it onto a ship.
With her looks and knowledge of the Batarian language (her captors never bother to ask her how she came to know their tongue) she became a favorite of the captain. As the captain’s personal servant she did all that he demanded of her, for years. Some things that she never wants to remember but will never forget. All that time she waited. Waited for her the moment to strike. It came one night when they made port at Omega. She used the captain as her first kill to get into the Eclipse mercenary corporation.
Eclipse trained her and focused her rage into a tool that they could use. She was a very useful tool to them too. When fighting needed to be done she was there, destroying all that was laid in front of her. She would have stayed with Eclipse for many more years if it wasn’t for a drunken conversation with Helena Blake. Blake saw something in Tessara that night and offered her a job. Tessara left the Eclipse and started working for Blake doing “social work”. Tessara is slowly starting to feel…something other then rage again.