Mass Effect - Apocalypse
Hard: +3 (primary stat)
Turians take +1 when they Act Under Fire.
Squad Tactics: When another player’s character uses the basic move aid/interfere to aid you and gets a hit, they mark experience and you gain +1Hx to them.
Commanding Officer: Take +1forward to Aid Another, Follow Through on Another’s Move, or Provide Covering Fire when the other person is someone you consider part of your “squad” or command. If such a person dies, take +1mental harm.
Dark Channel: When you use Dark Channel against a gang in battle, roll
+Hard. On a hit, the gang loses one level of its size due to attrition at 3:00 and 9:00 on the battle countdown. On a 10+ they are also impressed, dismayed, or frightened as if you had seized by force and chosen that option.
Barrier: When you go into battle, you strengthen your biotic barrier. Roll +Cool. On a 10+, gain +2-barrier, on a 7-9, +1-barrier. This bonus lasts the entire battle, and refreshing your barrier will include the bonus. At any time during the battle you may purge the excess biotic energy. When you do so, select one character within close range per level of bonus barrier and inflict s-harm to them. This ends the move for the rest of the battle. Not compatible with Fortification or Tech Armor.
Biotic Charge: When you use Biotic Charge in battle, roll +Cool. On a hit, name a character on the scene, but outside your reach. You cross the distance between you before they have time to adjust or react. On a 10+, inflict s+2-harm. On a 7-9, inflict s-harm. On a miss, you still cross the distance but you suffer concentrated fire now. (If it’s before 9:00, now it’s 9:00)
Advanced: Your Biotic Charge gains the AP tag. In addition, on a 12+, your barrier refreshes and you come under only incidental fire for the tick as if you had successfully rolled a 7-9 to stay the fuck down.
Reave: When you reach out with your biotics to Reave a character, roll +Hard. On a 10+, all 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
- Inflict 1-harm (armor piercing ignore shields/barriers)
- Heal 1-harm on yourself
- Permanently destroy 1-armor and 1-barrier
Carnage: In battle, you count as a gang (n-harm gang small, where n=harm of the weapon you’re holding). You retain your normal armor.
Nova: When you purge your barrier using Nova, roll +Cool. On a hit, you inflict s-harm +1harm per unharmed barrier segment to every character within close range. On a 10+, your position is secure for the moment. On a 7-9, your position is untenable. If used while Barrier is active, Nova counts as purging your bonus Barrier to no additional effect (aside from the extra damage for having more unharmed barrier wedges). No matter what, hit or miss, your biotic barrier is down.
Contact Network: You have developed an extensive network of allies and contacts who can provide help or resources in a pinch.
- Your contacts respect strength. Roll +Hard when contacting them.
At the beginning of the session, or as soon thereafter as you are in a position to do so, you may contact your network and roll the appropriate stat. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. You may spend your hold anytime during that session, 1 for 1, to:
- Get something done: find one or more contacts to accomplish an off-screen task
- Lean on someone: convince a character as if you’d rolled a 10+ on seduce or manipulate
- Gather intel: learn something about a subject as if you’d rolled a 10+ on consult training
- Analyze intel: gain access to the insight peripheral move for one course of action
- Gather Resources: gain resources, or an item worth resources, equal to hold spent. The resources or item arrives at the end of the session.
On a miss, your network needs a favor in return. Lose access to this move until you satisfy them.
Daredevil: If you go into battle without hedging your bets, you get +1armor. If you happen to be leading a squad (“gang”) or convoy, it gets +1armor too.
- Disciple shotgun (3-harm close reload messy)
- M-6 Carnifex Hand Cannon heavy pistol (3-harm close loud reload)
- M-97 Viper sniper rifle (3-harm far high tech)
- M-11 Suppressor heavy pistol (3-harm close)
- Geth Plasma Shotgun (4-harm close reload messy, hi-tech)
- Heavy Combat Armor (3-armor, 2 shield optional, heavy, hi-tech)
- L5n Implants (2-barrier)
- Nexus Omni-tool
- Lift Grenades: These specialized, high-tech grenades can only be used by a biotic. Use of lift grenades acts as a one-use manifestations of the Pull Biotic Move with the +area tag. +hi-tech. 24 total.
- Alex Davidson: +3
- Lia’Danna vas Rayya: +2
I think that Lia’Danna is the smartest.
Lia’Danna is a subordinate or underling of mine.
- Sebastian Murphy: +2
- Tori’Xen vas Aleri: +3
- Daphne Asada: +3
Experience: X X X X O
+1 Class Move (Carnage)
+1 Class Move (Barrier)
+1 Class Move (Nova)
Create a second character to play, so now you’re playing two
+1 Move from any list (Dark Channel)
+1 Personal Move (Daredevil)
+1 Invent your own move, subject to GM approval (Advanced Biotic Charge)
Dar Bahktian sometimes wonders how different her life would have been if it hadn’t been an eezo strike that allowed her parents to retire from the Survey Corps. Or if her older brothers hadn’t been killed in the First Contact War. Or if the kalibim of her Cabal, Lieutenant-Commander Vyrnnus, hadn’t been such a dangerously incompetent fuck-up. A dangerously incompetent, well-connected fuck-up.
Now Dar has over twenty years as a freelance merc under her belt, most recently as an enforcer for the Shadow Broker. She was a little surprised when he put her in charge of this little squad of “specialists”, but it made sense, since she was the only one with a real military background.
And though she doesn’t like to admit it, Dar has actually grown fond of her little crew. They may be a group of carefully cultivated sociopaths, but they’re hers.