Mass Effect - Apocalypse
Now that you’ve selected your Species and your Class, think about the sort of person you are. Washed up N7 Soldier? Former Blood-Pack mercenary? Ex-nightclub-dancer? The GM will assign you a Special Move appropriate to your personality and motivation. Here is a list of questions that might help.
- Were you born on your homeworld or a colony? Raised planet-side or on a ship or station?
- Who are your family? Which of them, if any, are still alive?
- Did you have it hard growing up or did you live an ordinary life?
- What prompted you to leave civilian life for a life of violence and danger?
- Who trained you? A formal military? Mercenary company? School of Hard Knocks?
- Who funded your weapons/biotic implants/tech toys?
Now that you’ve thought about your origins a bit, what brings you to your current state?
- What organization were you most recently a part of before joining the Shadow Broker?
- Are you still pretending to be a part of that organization?
- What did the Broker do to secure your allegiance? Timely information of personal value? Blackmail? Saved someone close to you? Fund and train you since birth?
- And the hardest question of all… What is your name?
Now that you’ve thought of your history, what about your motivations?
- What do you care about? What, or who do you love?
- What would you die for? Something practical or an ideal?
- What is your secret pain? The damage you hide from everyone else?
If you include enough interesting background ties to your character, you could even earn a free Advance.